The Auction House allows Xbox Live Gold subscribers to buy and sell vehicles to other players. It is featured in Forza Motorsport 2, Forza Motorsport 3, Forza Motorsport 4, and Forza Horizon 3, and will reappear in Forza Motorsport 7.
To sell a vehicle, players must set a Minimum Bid and may additionally set a Buyout option, which grants buyers immediate access to the vehicle upon purchase. If the player's car did not sell, they can take it back with no penalty.
If the player's offer was overbid, they can return their credits or place a higher bid, which can be calculated by the following formula (NB = new bid, CB = current bid):
Example: The current bid is 1,000 CR.
Auctions have a minimum length of 1 hour and a maximum length of 24 hours.
Forza Motorsport 2 Edit
- Players selling modified vehicles can lock their paint jobs, which allows buyers only to delete a paint job instead of being able to tweak it. Tuning setups, however, cannot be locked and are also available to buyers.
- Minimum bids start at 5,000 CR, while Buyout options can be set at a minimum of 10,000 CR.
Forza Motorsport 3 / Forza Motorsport 4 Edit
- Liveries and tuning setups from modified vehicles that were bought on the auction house are always locked and can be only removed by players.
- The minimum bidding price and minimum Buyout price have been reduced to 1,000 CR. The maximum price of both options are 999,999,999 CR.
- Auctions from players with VIP membership privileges always appear above auctions from non-VIP players.
- Vehicles bought with Car Tokens cannot be auctioned.
- In Forza Motorsport 4, there is also a separate tab for Unicorn cars, although this can only be used by Turn 10 developers.