To sell a vehicle, players must set a Minimum Bid and may additionally set a Buyout option, which grants buyers immediate access to the vehicle upon purchase.
If the player's offer was overbid, they can return their credits or place a higher bid, which can be calculated by the following formula:
- New bid = Current bid + ((Current bid*10)/100) + 500
Example: The current bid is 1,000 CR.
- 1,000 CR + 100 CR + 500 CR = 1,600 CR
Forza Motorsport 2Edit
- Players selling modified vehicles can lock their paint jobs, which allows buyers only to delete a paint job instead of being able to tweak it. Tuning setups, however, cannot be locked and are also available to buyers.
- Minimum bids start at 5,000 CR, while Buyout options can be set at a minimum of 10,000 CR.
Forza Motorsport 3 & 4Edit
- Liveries and tuning setups from modified vehicles that were bought on the auction house are always locked and can be only removed by players.
- The minimum bidding price and minimum Buyout price have been reduced to 1,000 CR. The maximum price of both options are 999,999,999 CR.
- Auctions from players with VIP membership privileges always appear above auctions from non-VIP players.
- Vehicles bought with Car Tokens cannot be auctioned.
- In Forza Motorsport 4, there is also a separate tab for Unicorn cars, although this can only be used by Turn 10 developers.