|This is the place to see what cool things the community is selling. You can get in on the action and bid for that special something that catches your eye.|
— Forza Motorsport 7 announcer
The Auction House allows Xbox Live Gold subscribers and any player on the respective PC and Xbox One release to buy and sell vehicles to other players. It is featured in Forza Motorsport 2, Forza Motorsport 3, Forza Motorsport 4, and Forza Horizon 3. It was made available in Forza Motorsport 7 from November 3, 2017.
To sell a vehicle, players must set a Minimum Bid and may additionally set a Buyout option, which grants buyers immediate access to the vehicle upon purchase. After placing a bid, it is possible for other players to outbid the previous offer, forcing the player to return their credits or place a higher bid.
Auctions have a minimum length of 1 hour and a maximum length of 24 hours. If the player's car did not sell, he/she can take it back with no penalty. However, if the player's car did sell, the player can then collect the CR from the sale. The amount collected, on the other hand, is not fully received, as a small portion of the earned CR is then sent to Auction House proceeds.
In Forza Motorsport 3 and Forza Motorsport 4, the player's bid can be calculated by the following formula, with NB being the new bid and CB being the current bid):
$ NB = CB + ((CB*10)/100) + 500 $
Example: The current bid is 1,000 CR.
$ 1,000 CR + 100 CR + 500 CR = 1,600 CR $
Forza Motorsport 2
- Players selling modified vehicles can lock their paint jobs, which allows buyers only to delete a paint job instead of being able to tweak it. Tuning setups, however, cannot be locked and are also available to buyers.
- Minimum bids start at 5,000 CR, while Buyout options can be set at a minimum of 10,000 CR.
Forza Motorsport 3 / Forza Motorsport 4
- Liveries and tuning setups from modified vehicles that were bought on the auction house are always locked and can be only removed by players.
- The minimum bidding price and minimum Buyout price have been reduced to 1,000 CR. The maximum price of both options are 999,999,999 CR.
- Auctions from players with VIP membership privileges always appear above auctions from non-VIP players.
- Vehicles bought with Car Tokens cannot be auctioned.
- In Forza Motorsport 4, there is also a separate tab for Unicorn cars, although this can only be used by Turn 10 developers.
Forza Horizon 3
- Players can sell cars that are otherwise not available for purchase at the Autoshow. These are considered Rare Cars, and players can choose from a selection of Rare Cars via the "Rare Cars" tab.
- The minimum Buyout is dependent on the base value of a vehicle, meaning it is no longer possible to set arbitrarily low Buyout prices. Similarly, the highest possible maximum Buyout is raised with a higher painter/tuner status level, particularly Legend Painter/Tuner.
- Horizon Edition cars always have a minimum starting price of 200,000 CR and a minimum buyout price of 5,500,000 CR.
Forza Motorsport 7
- Forza Edition cars always have a minimum starting price of 200,000 CR and a minimum buyout price of 5,500,000 CR.
- Certain cars that the player has received for free (e.g. Forza Driver's Cup rewards) cannot be auctioned. This has not been corrected yet.
- ↑ Mentioned when the Auction House is accessed for the first time