The 2016 Ford Gymkhana 9 Focus RS RX is a 2017 Ford Focus RS-based rallycross car built by Hoonigan Racing in conjunction with M-Sport. It is driven by Ken Block of Gymkhana fame in the 2016 FIA World Rallycross Championship and the Gymkhana 9 video. It appears in Forza Horizon 3's Blizzard Mountain Expansion.
The Focus RS RX is built on the Focus RS, with a tuned 2.0L (1,983 cc; 121 in³) turbocharged inline-4 engine, with power output rated at 600 hp (447 kW) and torque output rated at 663 ft·lb (899 N·m).
Equipped with a six-speed manual transmission and weighing less than 2500 lb (1134 kg), the Focus RS RX is capable of doing 0-60 mph (97 km/h) in less than 2 seconds, faster than even the Porsche 918 Spyder and Dodge Challenger SRT Demon (regardless of whether or not rollout comes into play).
|Speed 5.2||Handling 8.2||Acceleration 9.7||Launch 10||Braking 10||S1 896|
|Unlock: Purchase from the Autoshow||500,000 CR||1,000 T|
|Beat the Kingmaker event.|
|DLC: Requires the Blizzard Mountain Expansion pack|
|Top Speed: 143.4 mph (230.7 km/h)||Championship: Rally Monsters|
|Acceleration 0-60 mph (0-97 km/h): 1.900 s||0-100 mph (0-161 km/h): 5.013 s|
|Braking 60-0 mph (97-0 km/h): 123.4 ft (37.6 m)||100-0 mph (161-0 km/h): 299.6 ft (91.3 m)|
|Lateral G's 60 mph (97 km/h): 0.94 g||120 mph (193 km/h): 1.12 g|
|Conversion - Drivetrain|
The Ford Focus RS RX is a rallycross car and, as such, is made for offroad racing. It has an extremely fast 0-60 mph (97 km/h) acceleration time of 1.9 seconds, which outclasses even hypercars like the Porsche 918 Spyder, Ultima Evolution Coupe 1020, and Bugatti Veyron Super Sport; this is a trait typical of rallycross cars primarily due to their AWD drivetrains and the need to get a great start off the line especially on dirt tracks. The Focus RS RX's astounding acceleration is also evident in its 5-second run to 100 mph (161 km/h).
The Focus RS RX handles and brakes really well, especially off-road. Despite these handy performance advantages, the Focus RS RX is best used for tracks with a lack of long straights, as its top speed is rather low at 144 mph (232 km/h) and its overall gearing is very short which is typical of rallycross cars.
- The Ford Focus RS RX is featured on the cover art for the Blizzard Mountain Expansion.
- When playing the Blizzard Mountain Expansion for the first time, the Focus RS RX is used when the player drives to the Blizzard Mountain Festival for the first time.
- The Kingmaker race forces the player to use the Ford Focus RS RX, regardless of whether or not they have the car.
- Finishing a Mountain Rush Descent race in the Focus RS RX in less than 2 minutes unlocks the All Downhill from Here achievement.
- In Forza Horizon 3, the Focus RS RX's name is displayed as Ford GYMKHANA 9 Focus RS RX.