|Cleanup||This article does not meet the Forza Wiki's manual of style.|
Forza Horizon 3 is the third installment in the Forza Horizon series, a spin-off of the Forza Motorsport series.
It was first announced on June 13, 2016 and was released for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC on September 27, 2016 in the US and Europe and September 29, 2016 in Japan as the sequel to Forza Horizon 2.
It is also the first Horizon series game to be released for Windows 10 PC.
Forza Horizon 3 is set around a music festival expanding across places in Australia such as; Byron Bay, New South Wales; Surfers Paradise, Queensland; Yarra Valley, Victoria; and Cooper Pedy/ The Outback, South Australia. Unlike the previous Forza Horizon games, this game allows players to explore caves and drive in rivers and along beaches. The Drivatar AI from Forza Motorsport 6 returns along with a brand new feature revolving around Drivatars.
Unlike previous Forza Horizon games, where the player was a participant in the Horizon Festival; in Forza Horizon, players had to earn fans; and in 'Forza Horizon 2, they had to win championships. In Forza Horizon 3, this time around, the player is the boss of the Festival trying to win fans to make the Horizon Festival the most popular festival. As the boss, players control when and where the festival expands to, what music plays, and what events take place.
New Features Edit
Forza Horizon 3 has several new features:
- Drivatar Lineup will allow players to hire/fire drivatars. Hired drivatars will earn money based on their performance.
- It is now possible to select a character and their name. Players can choose either a male or a female, then from a huge selection of male names, female names, and nicknames.
- Groove Music Radio Station can import music over from Groove Music and/or OneDrive into the game.
- Xbox Play Anywhere is a new Xbox feature over several games which, when the game is bought digitally, allows to switch back and forth between an Xbox One and a Windows 10 PC with progress and achievements saved.
- Water riding - The map has been expanded furthermore, allowing players to drive though rivers and beaches. However, driving into out-of-bounds areas (e.g. water that is too deep) will cause the player's vehicle to respawn at the nearest available road. Also, driving on water, depending on its depth, will slow the player's vehicle down.
- More customization - there are now wide bodykits, character customization, custom horn sounds, and custom license plates.
- Drift Zones - Drift through an area to beat target scores.
- Danger Signs
- Horizon Blueprint will allow players to customize the time/weather conditions, event restrictions, route, available cars, and the name of the events in the game. Imagine it being like the Freedrive challenges in The Crew crossed with the ability to change the time of day, weather, and class of an event in Forza Horizon 3.
- ForzaVista - The vehicle exploration/customization mode from Forza Motorsport 5 and Forza Motorsport 6 appears in the Forza Horizon series for the first time.
- Drone Mode - A new viewing mode where the player views the action through a flying drone, which can also be used to discover secrets, collectable items, and even Barn Finds.
- 4 player co-op campaign.
- Skill Songs
Returning Features Edit
Forza Horizon 3 has several returning features:
- Drivatars - the game will learn how players drive and create a virtual approximation driving around in cars players own. It will show up in other people's games.
- Auction House/Storefront - the Auction House is the place where players can buy other people's cars and sell their own. The storefront will work with the Auction House and will allow players to view other players' designs, tunes and vinyls.
- Horizon Wheelspin
- Main article: Forza Horizon 3/Events
Returning into Forza Horzion 3 are Rivals, Bucket Lists, 1,000 player car clubs, Online Free Roam, and Online Adventure (Online Road Trip).
- Main article: Forza Horizon 3/Cars
Forza Horizon 3 features "over 350 cars." Along with these are new vehicle types such as Class 10 buggies and Race cars. However, Volkswagen is absent from the series for the first time. New manufacturers include:
- Spania GTA
- Alumi Craft
- Baldwin Motorsports
- AMG Transport Dynamics
All of the cars' prices have been drastically altered from the previous games, with the cheapest starting at 20,000 CR and the most expensive capping at 10,000,000 CR.
Some of the manufacturers' logos have been updated/altered. These include:
- Main article: Forza Horizon 3/Music
Forza Horizon 3 features eight radio stations along with a new radio station called Groove Music station which will allow players to import music from Groove Music over to Forza Horizon 3. There are a total of nine selectable radio stations.
Forza Horizon 3 is also the first Forza game in the entire series to license a song from another game; in this case, The Trials from Halo 5: Guardians.
Downloadable Content Edit
- Main article: Forza Horizon 3/Downloadable Content