Forza Motorsport 6 is the sixth installment in the Forza Motorsport series developed by Turn 10 Studios. It was announced at the 2015 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan on January 12, 2015. The game was released on September 15, 2015.
Forza Motorsport 6 was first announced to the public on January 12, 2015 at the 2015 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan. The announcement was made alongside the unveiling of the new Ford GT supercar, which will appear as the cover car for the game. It was also confirmed to feature Ford's other high-performance vehicles, including the Ford F-150 Raptor and the Ford Mustang Shelby GT350. Turn 10 Studios got exclusive access to the Ford GT during its development, making Turn 10 developers one of the few that knew of the car's existence.
- Ford GT/Rio de Janeiro in day time,
- Audi TTS Coupe/Brands Hatch during rainy weather,
- Lamborghini Huracan/Le Mans at night.
This installment of the game includes up to 450+ "Forzavista" cars, along with 26 tracks from various countries, and also introduces two new features to the series, wet weather and night racing. The game is capable of up to 24 cars on a track, during either online multiplayer or offline single player. The career mode is stated to have been completely rebuilt and have more than 70+ hours of gameplay, but still retaining the ability to choose races. Included as part of the career mode are Showcase events, a feature that has usually been seen in the Forza Horizon series. These Showcase will focus on different events compared to Horizon, such as Autocross or endurance races. The game is stated to play at 60 frames per second (fps) at 1080p resolution, especially through wet weather.
- Main article: Forza Motorsport 6/Car List
- Main article: Forza Motorsport 6/Downloadable Content
- Main article: Forza Motorsport 6/Track List
- Bernese Alps
- Circuit de Catalunya
- Circuit de Spa Francorchamps
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Circuit des 24 Heures Du Mans (Le Mans)
- Long Beach
- Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit (Bathurst)
- Circuit de Prague
- Road America
- Road Atlanta
- Sebring International Raceway
- Test Track Airfield
- Top Gear
- Yas Marina Circuit
- Brands Hatch
- Watkins Glen
- Rio de Janeiro
- Daytona International Speedway
- Lime Rock Park
- Sonoma Raceway
- Circuit of the Americas
- Virgina International Raceway (VIR) - Added in the Porsche Expansion.
- Homestead Miami Speedway - Added in the NASCAR Expansion.
|Section Stub||You can help the Forza Wiki by adding to this section.|
- Main article: Autovista
Forzavista is where the player can explore fully modeled cars with detailed interiors and exteriors within a special showroom. It's been highlighted that all 450+ vehicles in the game are fully modeled, having viewable interiors and working doors, hood, and trunk.
New to the Series Edit
- IMSA GT as a featured series
- NASCAR (although Grand National era cars have been in Forza games before)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/13/forza-motorsport-6-announced-for-xbox-one
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://news.xbox.com/2015/01/games-forza-motorsport-6-unveiled
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_e3_features
- ↑ http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/13/automobiles/ford-and-forza-create-gt-supercar-for-virtual-world-and-real-one.html?_r=1
- ↑ http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_e3_2015_demo
- ↑ http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_gamescom_2015
- ↑ http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_forza_garage_week_4