Development of the title was hinted by wheel manufacturer Fanatec in December 2016, whom revealed improved wheel support for the game.
At the E3 2017 press conference, the title was confirmed to be released on October 3, 2017 for the Xbox One and Windows 10 platforms, and on November 7, 2017 as a launch title for the Xbox One X. Both the PC and Xbox One X release are playable in native 4K resolution at 60 frames per second. 
- Forza Motorsport 7 features "more than 700 Forzavista cars" and "30 racing environments with more than 200 ribbons." A dynamic weather system for certains has also been implemented.
- Players can change the gender, body type and clothing of their Drivatar. A total of 300 unlockable driver gear sets is available.
- The Forza Driver's Cup singleplayer campaign contains six championships, with each featuring a wide range of car championships in various performance classes. Players collect points per race that are required for unlocking new cars and Drivatar customization sets. Players also earn better rewards for increasing their tier level that raises with more obtained cars.
- Players can use the friction assist to minimize the effect on speed when going off track and driving on wet roads.
- Players can purchase Prize Crates with credits to buy rare cars, mods, driver gear and more at once.
- Volkswagen cars make a reappearance after being absent from Forza Horizon 3.
- Toyota production cars are cut for the first time in the series, although Toyota race cars are featured, along with pre-tuned Toyotas like the Toyota Hilux Arctic Trucks AT38.
- The Speciality Dealer allows players to buy discounted rare cars for various time periods.
- More widebody kits than in Forza Horizon 3 are available, with a majority being fictional designs by Turn 10 Studios that range from "underground-inspired designs" to "aero-enhanced modeled after professional motorsport."
- Custom wheels from Forza Horizon 3 have been carried over in addition to "new race-inspired wheels."
- Players can perform practice laps and tune cars while being in a multiplayer lobby.
- Players are penalized for cutting corners and ramming players via the "Adjucation" system.
- Spectator mode is featured with Microsoft Mixer integration.
- Trophies and banners are displayed at the player's garage.
- Players can modify their car tune while being on a loading screen.
- A new camera view, consisting of a cockpit view moving away from the steering wheel and closer to the windshield has been introduced.
- Forzavista can be accessed on any track before a race.
- Cars with internal clocks now display real world time, in 24 hour format, instead of just displaying a static 12:00.
- A new Camera View is introduced: Driver. This is based on Cockpit view but made to focus on the dashboard sitting directly in front of the driver.
- Main article: Forza Motorsport 7/Downloadable Content
Forza Motorsport 7 can be purchased with bonus content and is available with included downloadable content as the Deluxe Edition and Ultimate Edition release. Both releases include The Fate of the Furious Car Pack and a VIP membership. The Ultimate Edition also includes the Car Pass, which entitles players to six monthly car pack add-ons, and early access to the title starting on September 29, 2017.
The PC release can be played in 720p resolution at 30 frames per seconds with minimum hardware specifications and in 1080p resolution at 30 frames per seconds with recommended hardware specifications. The title will take at least 100 GB of storage.
|System||Windows 10 (x64)||Windows 10 (x64)|
|Processor||Intel i5 750 2.67 GHz or equivalent||Intel i5 4460 3.2 GHz or equivalent|
|Memory||8 GB RAM||8 GB RAM|
|Graphics|| Nvidia GT 740, Nvidia GTX 650, AMD R7 250X|
or equivalent with DirectX 12 compatibility and 2 GB memory
| Nvidia GTX 670, Nvidia 1050 Ti, AMD RX 560|
or equivalent with DirectX 12 compatibility and 4 GB memory
A demo was released on September 19, 2017 for both the Xbox One and PC platforms. It contains three cars that are playable on three specific tracks:
- Mercedes-Benz #24 Tankpool24 Racing Truck - Mugello Autodromo Internazionale
- Nissan #1 Nismo Motul Autech GT-R - Nürburgring GP Circuit
- 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS - Dubai Circuit
- The 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS received its first public unveil at the 2017 E3 presentation of Forza Motorsport 7.
- The reveal trailer features the song "Blood In The Cut" by K.Flay.
- ↑ gamingbolt.com - Forza Motorsport 7 Leaked
- ↑ Release - polygon.com
- ↑ Details - theverge.com
- ↑ Toyota Car Removals - http://www.christianpost.com/news/forza-motorsport-7-news-toyota-production-cars-will-be-missed-in-new-game-194195
- ↑ Prize Crates & Speciality Dealer - ar12gaming.com
- ↑ Body kits & wheels - forzamotorsport.net
- ↑ Penalities - ar12gaming.com
- ↑ E3 gameplay reveal - forzamotorsport.net
- ↑ Garage & loading screens - gamerevolution.com
- ↑ Cockpit view - news.xbox.com
- ↑ Forzavista - news.xbox.com (PDF file)
- ↑ Car clock displaying real world time + Driver View - FM7 DriverView.jpg
- ↑ Pre Order - - forzamotorsport.net
- ↑ Ultimate Edition (UK) - game.co.uk
- ↑ Ultimate Edition (US) - gamestop.com
- ↑ [ https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/forza-motorsport-7/9nblggh4tnrt#pdpbundles microsoft.com]
- ↑ System requirements (storage) - digitaltrends.com
- ↑ Demo - https://news.xbox.com/2017/09/07/fm7-gone-gold-and-demo/
|Forza Motorsport 7|
|Achievements • Cars • Downloadable Content • Driver Level Milestone Rewards • Environments • Forza Driver's Cup • Forzathon • Leagues • Multiplayer Hoppers • Update history|
|Auction House • Forza Edition cars • Homologation • Mods • Specialty Dealer • Upgrades|