Horizon Edition cars are upgraded vehicles with permanent gameplay progression perks in Forza Horizon 3. They are available as Horizon Wheelspin or Forzathon rewards, and can be purchased in the Auction House.
Horizon Edition cars can have one of the following boost types:
- Credits - Multiplies credit rewards
- Destruction - Multiplies destruction skill points
- Drift - Multiplies drift skill points
- Skills - Multiplies overall skill points
- Speed - Multiplies speed skill points
- XP - Multiplies experience points
In addition, Horizon Edition cars are featured with upgrade presets that raise their performance index to the maximum of a car class. They are also featured with unique white wall tires and license plates with gold lettering, although 4 cars are an exception to the former white wall tire rule: the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor, Ram Runner, Subaru BRAT GL, and Polaris RZR XP 1000 EPS. All four of these cars instead use the Offroad Race tire compound.
|“||Horizon Editions don't exist anywhere on earth - they're custom-built for the festival and you'll earn bonuses whenever you're behind the wheel.||”|
The following list contains all Horizon Edition variants without any upgrade presets.
|2014||BAC Mono Horizon Edition||S1||900||6.3||8.5||8.9||8.4||10||Speed|
|1997||BMW M3 Horizon Edition||A||775||6.7||7.3||7.5||8.4||8.3||Drift|
|2014||BMW M4 Coupe Horizon Edition||S1||826||7.4||7.4||8.3||8.2||9.1||Skills|
|1969||Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe Horizon Edition||B||612||5.2||6.0||7.5||7.1||5.8||Skills|
|2015||Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Horizon Edition||S1||883||7.6||7.9||8.8||8.4||9.7||Drift|
|1970||Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Horizon Edition||B||604||4.8||5.9||7.5||7.0||5.7||Skills|
|2015||Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Horizon Edition||S1||847||8.0||7.5||8.3||7.9||8.9||Drift|
|1968||Dodge Dart Hemi Super Stock Horizon Edition||A||762||4.6||6.9||8.5||8.0||7.2||Credits|
|2008||Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR Horizon Edition||S2||912||7.2||8.7||8.8||8.6||10||Credits|
|1992||Ford Escort RS Cosworth Horizon Edition||A||729||5.3||7.4||6.5||7.4||7.4||Drift|
|2017||Ford F-150 Raptor Horizon Edition||A||728||5.0||7.3||6.9||7.9||6.0||Credits|
|2014||Ford FPV Limited Edition Pursuit Ute Horizon Edition||A||715||6.5||6.5||7.7||7.7||7.3||Destruction|
|2017||Ford Focus RS Horizon Edition||A||784||6.7||7.1||7.9||9.5||8.1||Drift|
|2017||Ford GT Horizon Edition||S2||932||8.5||8.3||9.2||9.0||10||Credits|
|1969||Ford Mustang Boss 302 Horizon Edition||B||649||5.7||6.4||7.0||6.2||7.2||XP|
|1977||Holden Torana A9X Horizon Edition||C||577||5.0||5.9||7.0||6.9||5.8||Skills|
|2016||Jaguar F-Type Project 7 Horizon Edition||S1||830||7.2||7.5||8.3||8.0||9.1||XP|
|1993||Jaguar XJ220 Horizon Edition||S1||859||8.2||7.7||8.7||8.4||9.0||Speed|
|1988||Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV Horizon Edition||S1||836||7.1||7.8||8.3||8.0||8.0||Credits|
|2014||Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 Horizon Edition||S1||891||8.0||7.7||9.0||10||9.4||Skills|
|2013||Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG Horizon Edition||A||773||7.0||6.9||7.7||9.2||8.3||Credits|
|2012||Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe Black Series Horizon Edition||S1||846||7.9||7.6||8.4||8.2||9.0||Speed|
|1986||MG Metro 6R4 Horizon Edition||S1||900||4.7||8.2||9.1||10||9.9||Drift|
|1965||Mini Cooper S Horizon Edition||C||549||3.7||6.6||5.6||6.2||6.6||Credits|
|2012||Mini John Cooper Works GP Horizon Edition||A||702||5.6||6.8||7.2||7.2||8.2||Skills|
|2012||Nissan GT-R Black Edition Horizon Edition||S1||882||7.8||7.7||8.5||10||9.2||Skills|
|2000||Nissan Silvia Spec-R Horizon Edition||A||742||6.0||7.3||7.0||7.8||7.6||Drift|
|2015||Polaris RZR XP 1000 EPS Horizon Edition||C||524||3.5||6.1||6.6||7.1||6.3||Credits|
|2013||Ram Runner Horizon Edition||A||720||5.7||7.2||6.3||5.8||5.8||Destruction|
|1980||Subaru BRAT GL Horizon Edition||C||522||3.5||6.8||4.3||4.6||5.5||XP|
|2013||Subaru BRZ Horizon Edition||A||713||5.8||7.1||6.5||7.0||7.3||XP|
|1998||Subaru Impreza 22B STi Horizon Edition||A||760||5.8||7.5||7.1||8.1||8.2||Drift|
|1998||Toyota Supra RZ Horizon Edition||A||779||6.6||7.4||7.3||8.2||8.4||Drift|
- Skill and XP multiplier benefits have been removed from Online Adventure mode since the October 14th, 2016 update.
- Horizon Edition cars have a minimum bid of 200,000 CR and a minimum buyout of 5,500,000 CR in the Auction House.
- Therefore, it is highly recommended to not buy out a Horizon Edition car except as a last resort if the player has at least 5,500,000 CR at hand in case placing a bid either fails or results in the player getting outbid. This is true for Horizon Edition cars that are in the highest demand.
- Horizon Edition cars are usually worth 50,000 CR more than their stock counterparts, but the 2017 Ford GT Horizon Edition is an exception to this rule, as it is worth 400,000 CR just like its stock counterpart.
- Horizon Edition cars with a drift skill boost have a sharper steering angle than their stock counterparts.
- The Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV Horizon Edition is gifted to all players from February 2017 onwards after a majority of players experienced bugs involving the Lamborghini #63 Squadra Corse Huracán LP620-2 Super Trofeo and the Motorsport All-Stars Car Pack.
- As such, the Countach LP5000 QV Horizon Edition will usually be the first Horizon Edition car obtained by players who start a new game anytime after February 2017.
- Contrary to its normal counterpart, the Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR Horizon Edition has a glitch where giving the car a custom color causes its rims to have the exact same color as the body. This can be fixed by making a new design for the car.
- The Ram Runner Horizon Edition is obtainable upon receiving all stars in the Blizzard Mountain Expansion, making it the only Horizon Edition car to be not obtainable as a Wheelspin or Forzathon reward.
- Some Horizon Edition cars come with Engine Swap options otherwise unavailable on their normal counterparts. For instance, the Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4's "6.5L V12" engine can be swapped onto the Horizon Edition variants of the Toyota Supra RZ and Nissan Silvia Spec-R, both of which lack the "6.5L V12" engine option on their standard counterparts.
- The Ford Mustang Boss 302 Horizon Edition also features the "5.8L V8 - DSC" engine from the 2013 Ford Shelby GT500, which is unavailable on the normal version of the Mustang Boss 302, whose "6.2L V8" engine swap does not appear on the Horizon Edition variant either.
- The Ford Mustang Boss 302 Horizon Edition does not use the unique black and gold license plate used by other Horizon Edition cars, instead using a generic US-style license plate.