The 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS is a rear-engined supercar that appears in Forza Motorsport 7.
The 2018 GT2 RS was revealed alongside Forza Motorsport 7 during the E3 2017 Microsoft press conference. It succeeds the 997 GT2 RS as the most powerful car of the Porsche 991.2, the facelifted series of the seventh generation 991-codenamed Porsche 911.
The 2018 911 GT2 RS, officially launched at the 2017 Goodwood Festival of Speed along with the introduction of the 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series, uses a 3.8L (3,800 cc) twin-turbocharged flat-6 engine with a maximum power output of 691 hp (515 kW) at 7,000 rpm and 553 ft·lb (750 N·m) of torque, making it the most powerful Porsche 911 model ever built.
Unlike previous 911 GT2s, the 2018 911 GT2 RS uses a seven-speed PDK transmission to handle the additional torque produced by the engine. Claimed to accelerate from 0-60 mph (97 km/h) mph in 2.7 seconds (with rollout), the 911 GT2 RS has a top speed of at least 211 mph (340 km/h), also making it one of the fastest 911 models ever.
The 911 GT2 RS has a magnesium roof and a front lid, front and rear wings, and boot lid made from carbon. The front and rear aprons are made of lightweight polyurethane, while the side windows and rear silencers are made of polycarbonate and titanium, respectively. With a weight of 3197 lb (1450 kg), the 911 GT2 RS has a power-to-weight ratio of 4.63 lb/2.10 kg per hp or 476.55 hp per tonne.
|Conversion - Drivetrain|
The 2018 911 GT2 RS sports tremendous acceleration and launching with little wheelspin, reaching 100 mph (161 km/h) in 5.7 seconds, due to its powerful twin-turbocharged engine producing 691 hp (515 kW). While cornering is also a strong performance trait for this car, the loose nature of its rear end means that practice is recommended beforehand. With a top speed of 216 mph (348 km/h), the 2018 911 GT2 RS is also one of the fastest Porsche 911 models in terms of top speed, making it competitive in high-speed tracks.
- The 2018 911 GT2 RS is featured on the box art for Forza Motorsport 7.
- Once the player has the car owned in the game, the achievement Rennsport Driver is unlocked.
- The 2018 911 GT2 RS featured in Forza Motorsport 7 is fitted with the Weissach Package performance option.
- The 2018 911 GT2 RS is playable in the demo release of Forza Motorsport 7.
- In the game files of Forza Motorsport 7, the 2018 911 GT2 RS is referenced as the "2017 Porsche Raymond" ("por_raymond_17").
- ↑ Introduction - http://www.autoblog.com/2017/06/13/2018-porsche-911-gt2-nurburgring-spy-video/
- ↑ Porsche Car Configurator - Porsche USA
- ↑ Demo (FM7) - https://news.xbox.com/2017/09/07/fm7-gone-gold-and-demo/
- ↑ Raymond name - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/forza-motorsport-7-confirmed-car-list.356622/page-45 (Post #1340)