The 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS (abbreviated as 911 GT2 RS '18) is a rear-engined supercar that appears in Forza Motorsport 7 as that game's cover car.
The 991.2 GT2 RS was revealed alongside Forza Motorsport 7 during the E3 2017 Microsoft press conference. It succeeds the 997.2 GT2 RS as the most powerful car of the Porsche 991.2, the facelifted series of the seventh generation 991-codenamed Porsche 911. However, unlike the 997.2 GT2 RS, the 991.2 GT2 RS is not based on any existing 911 GT2 model, instead being based on the 991.1 GT3 RS but with an updated appearance and powertrain.
The 991.2 GT2 RS also holds a record for the fastest rear-engined production car at the Nürburgring Nordschleife, with a time of 6 minutes 47 seconds, up to 10 seconds faster than AWD cars like the Porsche 918 Spyder and Lamborghini Huracán LP 640-4 Performante.
The 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS, officially launched at the 2017 Goodwood Festival of Speed along with the introduction of the 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series, uses a 3.8L (3,800 cc) twin-turbocharged flat-6 engine with a maximum power output of 691 hp (515 kW) at 7,000 rpm and 553 ft·lb (750 N·m) of torque, making it the most powerful Porsche 911 model ever built.
Unlike previous 911 GT2s, the 991.2 911 GT2 RS uses a rear-driving, seven-speed PDK (dual-clutch) transmission to handle the additional torque produced by the engine. Capable of acceleration from 0 - 60 mph (97 km/h) in 2.9 seconds and 0 - 100 mph (161 km/h) in 5.7 seconds, the 991.2 911 GT2 RS has a top speed of 221 mph (356 km/h), making it Porsche's fastest road car yet, faster than even the 918 Spyder, which reaches 218 mph (351 km/h) as top speed. The Forza Motorsport 7 rendition of the car has a lower top speed of 211 mph (340 km/h), Porsche's claimed top speed.
The 991.2 911 GT2 RS has a magnesium roof and a front lid, front and rear wings, and boot lid made from carbon. The front and rear aprons are made of lightweight polyurethane, while the side windows and rear silencers are made of polycarbonate and titanium, respectively. With a weight of 3197 lb (1450 kg), it is lighter than Porsche's claim of 3241 lb (1470 kg). The in-game version of the 991.2 911 GT2 RS is fitted with the Weissach Package performance option.
|Conversion - Drivetrain|
The 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS sports tremendous acceleration and launching with little wheelspin, reaching 100 mph (161 km/h) in 5.7 seconds, due to its powerful twin-turbocharged engine producing 691 hp (515 kW). While cornering is also a strong performance trait for this car, the loose nature of its rear end means that practice is recommended beforehand; despite this, the 911 GT2 RS '18 actually also displays moderate understeer when compared to its real-life rendition. With a top speed of 211 mph (340 km/h), the 911 GT2 RS '18 is also one of the fastest Porsche 911 models in terms of top speed, making it competitive in high-speed tracks.
- The 911 GT2 RS '18 is the first Porsche car to be the cover car of any Forza game.
- Once the player owns the 911 GT2 RS '18 in Forza Motorsport 7, the achievement Rennsport Driver is unlocked.
- The 911 GT2 RS '18 is playable in the demo release of Forza Motorsport 7.
- In the game files of Forza Motorsport 7, the 911 GT2 RS '18 is referenced as the "2017 Porsche Raymond" ("por_raymond_17").
- There was a bug involving the 911 GT2 RS '18 where, in the Exotic GT division, using the car required that it be homologated even if it is already optimized for the division without any upgrades due to its Performance Index being S 800. This was fixed in the November 3, 2017 update.
2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
|Weight: 3197 lb (1450 kg)||Power: 691 hp (515 kW)|
|Front: 40%||Torque: 553 ft·lb (750 N·m)|
|Type: Race||Drive: RWD|
|Weight: 2740 lb (1243 kg)||Power: 503 hp (375 kW)|
|Front: 43%||Torque: 340 ft·lb (461 N·m)|
- ↑ Introduction: Autoblog - Upcoming 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS caught testing at Nurburgring
- ↑ Nürburgring record: Autocar - Porsche 911 GT2 RS breaks Nurburgring rear-drive record
- ↑ 221 mph (356 km/h) top speed: YouTube - 0-356 km/h (221 mph): Porsche 911 GT2 RS (991) meets Autobahn / Topspeed / sport auto
- ↑ Specifications: Porsche USA - Porsche 911 GT2 RS
- ↑ Weissach Package: autoevolution - White 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS with Weissach Package Is an Elevator to Heaven
- ↑ Demo appearance (FM7): Xbox Wire - Forza Motorsport 7 Has Gone Gold with Demo Arriving Sept. 19
- ↑ Raymond name: GTPlanet - Forza Motorsport 7: Confirmed Car List | Page 45 (Post #1340)