In the Forza Horizon series, a Speed Trap is a set of speed cameras mounted on top of posts placed on a road that, when passed through, records the player's vehicle's speed.
In Forza Horizon and Forza Horizon 2, the player is only able to set a record and compare theirs to other players. In Forza Horizon 3, Speed Traps now have three target speeds that must be cleared in order to get all three stars (★★★) and get the most fans. Unlike all other PR Stunts in the game, Speed Traps cannot be failed in any way. However, the player's speed has to be at least 31 mph (50 km/h) in order to trigger the Speed Trap.
Tips / Warnings Edit
- Use a car with excellent all-round stats, especially in top speed (e.g. Koenigsegg One:1). Some speed traps are off the road and may require a car like the Local Motors Rally Fighter or Ariel Nomad.
- In Forza Horizon 3, some Speed Traps have the highest speed target set as high as 250 mph (402 km/h). Cars like the Koenigsegg One:1, Hennessey Venom GT, and/or a highly modified car are highly recommended in this case.
- Approach the Speed Trap with as much speed as possible. Certain Speed Traps have to be approached from one direction and not the other in order to ensure maximum speed.
- It is highly recommended to clear a Speed Trap when there is minimal or no traffic (including Drivatars).
- If a speed trap is followed by a curve, activate the brakes immediately to avoid crashing. It is also possible to bring up the in-game map and Fast Travel to any location on the map (if that Perk has been unlocked; otherwise, just fast travel to any Festival Site).
- Driving in the wrong lane can be dangerous, as this raises the risk of a head-on collision with another vehicle.